Skip to main content

How I Would Plan and Execute a Cruise Bachelorette

I honestly had NEVER heard of a bachelorette trip on a cruise until a few people commented asking for a video of one on my more recent TikToks. It got me thinking how I would plan a bachelorette on a cruise if given the opportunity. So, I decided to just plan one for fun and post my decision making here. Enjoy!

How I Would Plan and Execute a Bachelorette on a Cruise (no budget)

The cruise line of choice: Virgin Voyages

First off, kids are not allowed on Virgin Voyage cruises, which personally is a major plus; especially for a bachelorette trip. Book the XL Sea Terrace balcony cabin for the best bang for your buck: the room's 
 price included gratuities, WiFi, non-alcoholic beverages, and specialty dining. The XL Sea Terrace fits two comfortably, and the total costs depends on the type/length of cruise you are on. I always recommend cruises during the summer; but if you're planning a winter bachelorette, they have tons of quick trips through the Bahamas and Florida. 

The trip that I would specifically pick is the seven night French Daze & Ibiza Nights cruise. Yes it's in Europe, and yes it is on the more expensive side: but a girl can dream right? It kicks off and finishes in Barcelona, which is notorious for their night life scene. It is the ideal location to get the party started at, and then also commemorate the best week of your life in.

You then travel to Marseille, Cannes, Palma de Mallorca; and to wrap it up on the most EPIC party island on the continent: Ibiza. This itinerary is a bachelorette party dream. You arrive to Ibiza at 7:00pm local time, which I think is great because you can party all night, go back and sleep on the boat, and then turn around and do it all again at beach clubs the next day. Just make sure that someone gets you all back before the ship departs for the night!

Virgin Voyages Review of Scarlet Lady

Decorations

Personally, I am not a fan of the gaudy, stereotypical bachelorette decorations. I'm talking about the sparkly dick garlands and cutouts of fiancĂ©'s faces. In this particular situation especially, I would rather utilize my luggage space to pack more outfit choices instead of stocking up on balloons and such. If I had to pick one piece of decor though, I like this "last sail before the vail" garland. It's simple and a cute saying. I also wouldn't want a themed bachelorette on a cruise, just because the lack of decorations would make it hard to execute. Also, I wouldn't want to stand out on a cruise ship with hundreds of strangers. 

This contains an image of: last sail before the veil banner, last sail before the veil, last sail banner, nautical bachelorette party, bachelorette decorations

Welcome Gifts

Once again, I want to utilize my luggage space as much as possible for my own outfits and accessories. So, I would ship my welcome gifts to each of my bridesmaids weeks before the cruise. I would choose a custom sweatsuit that they would wear on the plane while traveling to Barcelona. That way, they're comfortable and everyone would be easy to spot once we all got to Europe. I LOVE this understated set for the bride (which is me). It's not very flashy and I can wear it to different places. The seller is U

Embossed Bridal Gift Set Mrs. Sweatshirt New Mrs. Set Mrs. image 1

Outfits

The best part about preparing for this trip would defiantly be buying the outfits. I love clothes, and bridal fashion is something that I have recently become obsessed with. Here are the top five pieces I would bring on this cruise:

1.  This swimsuit cover from Tularosa is the closet thing I have seen to perfection. It is just the right amount of sexy, and great for partying in Ibiza or lounging by the ocean in Cannes. I am not planning on getting married for a while, but I may just have to order this now and plan ahead. 
Female Model wearing Tularosa Peek A Boo Dresses. Showing image 1 of 3
2. When I imagine running through the streets of a Spanish island with my closet girlfriends, this is the dress I am wearing. The Alora Dress from L'Academie screams European summer to me. It is SO CHIC, and I love a dress with a good cutout.
Female Model wearing L'Academie Alora Dress Dresses. Showing image 1 of 3
3. The Cassandra dress from retrofete holds a special place in my heart. Yes, it is pricy, but it's my bachelorette! All the money I'm saving from decorations is going straight to this dress. I think it is perfect for a nice dinner that transitions into a night of going out. You will feel like the baddest bitch in this dress, and I'm here for it.
Female Model wearing retrofete Cassandra Dress Dresses. Showing image 1 of 4 
4.  I would die to wear this dress in France. For Love & Lemons kills it with their dainty yet spectacular pieces; and the Lacey Mini Dress is no exception. I just WISH the lace continued throughout the dress. But imagine frolicking Marseille in this??!!! Every women's dream. 
Female Model wearing For Love & Lemons Lacey Mini Dress Dresses. Showing image 1 of 4
5. I am a sucker for Cult Gaia, and for some reason everything they sell in the color white can fit into my theoretical bridal wardrobe. Which is why I had to include something from the brand on this list. What I love about the Ophelia Gown is the double-lined, smooth satin body working alongside the chunky chain of the straps. It is elegant yet modern, timeless yet trendy. if this Virgin Voyages trip had a formal night, chances are I would be walking around that boat with this on.
Female Model wearing Cult Gaia Ophelia Gown Dresses. Showing image 1 of 3

Itinerary

I did not look at the excursions that Virgin Voyages offers, and I am also not the well versed on what is available in these destinations. However, if we're talking about my dream cruise bachelorette (which, we are), here is what I would want to do at each destination. 

Barcelona
I would defiantly want to start the trip strong with a day in Barcelona before heading on the boat. During the day, we would run around the city and hit all of the must see tourist destinations. Then, we would grab dinner at a nice restaurant to officially kick off the party. Of course, we would have to check out the club scene after: but not for too long, we have a boat to catch in the morning!

Marseille 
In the morning, I would hire a tour guide to drive us around the city to learn more about the culture and history. After that, a quick lunch at a water-front restaurant before heading to the beach for the rest of the day. It would be a rather relaxing day, but the views from the shorelines would be breathtaking.

Cannes
In Cannes, I would surprise my friends by renting a boat for the day. We would party while admiring the beautiful coastlines; and for lunch our Captain would take us to one of his favorite hidden gems. Then, if there is enough time, we would indulge in a little shopping.

Palma de Mallorca
I don't know a lot about Palma de Mallorca, but it is absolutely beautiful. So here, we would split time between a private ATV tour around the island and then soaking up the sun by the water. It would be another relaxing day in preparation for the next stop.

Ibiza
To close out the trip, we are going full out. We dock at night, so of course the first thing to do is go grab dinner somewhere fun. Then we are staying out all night to enjoy the best of what Ibiza offers. But it won't stop there: because the next day we are hitting beach club after beach club until we are forced to go back to the boat before it departs. 

I don't even want to think about how much all of this would cost, and I don't think I would ever be able to force anyone to pay for this extravagant event. But it's nice to dream, and maybe one day I will be successful enough to make this trip a reality. Cruise bachelorettes can be done on tighter budgets, and it might be a great solution if the bride can't decide what she wants to do or where she wants to go. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Destinations for 2023 Bachelorettes

  Self explanatory. Let's get into it: New York City, New York I recently went to a bachelorette in NYC and it was amazing. There is something for every bride in this city. Whether it is bar hopping the various rooftops in Midtown, or doing a group yoga class in Central Park, no two bachelorettes in NYC are the same. If this is something that you and your bridal party are considering, stay tuned for my post about the activities the bachelorette I was on in NYC did; as well as places/activities we wanted to go to but didn't have time for. Pro tip: go in the summer; but if that is not feasible, Christmas time in the city is also a good choice.  Austin, Texas Let's face it: Nashville is overdone! Austin's music scene is up and coming, and their night life defiantly rivals it Tennessee counterpart. There are music festivals year round in Austin, so if your bride is a music fanatic, try to plan the bachelorette around one of them.  My personal favorites are Austin City Limit

Gimme Gimme Gimme a Husband Bachelorette (In Depth!)

 This is my first ever in depth breakdown of my vision for a bachelorette theme. I tried to stay pretty generic on things to buy, locations to go to, etc. so that any bachelorette of any price range can follow these ideas as a baseline or for beginning inspiration. I am going to do one of these posts for every theme I generate on the Sophisticated Baches Pinterest (so if you want to see what's next, you might want to take a peek here ). For now, enjoy my interpretation of a Mama Mia inspired bachelorette!

On Cloud 9 Themed Goodie Bags (For Guests and Brides!)

On Cloud 9 is an up and coming theme for Bachelorettes and Bridal Showers in 2023. Goodie Bags are also an ongoing trend for these kinds of events. They are a great way to make your guests feel special while also helping to tie a theme together. They are also perfect for providing necessities that guests may have forgot to bring or didn't think they needed. I am a big proponent of Goodie Bags, and they always are accounted for in my budget for these kinds of events. Below are some ideas for cloud-themed Goodie Bags. Don't worry: I will make a post later on addressing items that should be in all Bachelorette Goodie Bags, regardless of the theme.  Cloud Shaped Sleeping Masks: Amazon, $8.99 for 3 pack These sleeping masks are perfect for an On Cloud 9 themed event. Not only could they be great for pictures during your catered brunch at the Air B&B, but they also are very useful for guests that are sleeping in rooms with lots of windows or natural lighting. They also have adjus